Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rodgers and Hammerstein at Boston Symphony Hall

Tonight, June 15, 2010, I attended a performance of several musical numbers from various Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals played by the Boston Pops at the Boston Symphony Orchestra. These musicals included "Oklahoma!", "Carousel", "South Pacific", "The King and I", "State Fair" and "The Sound of Music". This event was hosted by Turner Classic Movies host Robert Osborne, who, needless to say, is a man I respect very much. Preceding each number, Mr. Osborne would talk about the film that the music was from. After his introduction, a screen would come down from the ceiling and the respective scene from the movie accompanying the musical number would play, and the Pops provided the soundtrack. It was absolutely fantastic!
After the show, I went backstage and had a very nice chat with Mr. Osborne and a fellow TCM representative named Genevieve MacGuillicudy, who was also in attendance for the event and who was a member of the festival committee. We talked about how wonderful the festival had been and I got a chance to tell them both in person how much it all meant to me. I had a very nice time at Symphony Hall and I look forward to when I can watch the entirety of all those musicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment